For Volume 45, CLQ will exclusively accept submissions on articles analyzing contemporary issues affected by the U.S. constitution.
The Quarterly generally does not publish manuscripts from law students other than students at U.C. Hastings College of the Law.
Articles should be submitted through ExpressO or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Articles must center on one or more legal issues arising from the U.S. Constitution.
2. Articles should be between 18,000 and 30,000 words (including footnotes).
3. Citations and formatting must conform to the 20th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation. *If chronic Bluebook defects are found (missing information on court, no pin cites throughout the manuscript, etc), the Quarterly will require a resubmission before formally accepting the manuscript for publication.
4. Please submit your article in Microsoft Word format, Times New Roman font, without macros.
5. Along with your article, please submit a current CV.
6. In any email correspondence, please include your full name, title, organization, and contact information.
Timelines and due dates are sacred to the Quarterly. If authors anticipate being overseas without e-mail and/or unavailable to meet deadlines or respond in a reasonable timeframe, they are advised to seek publication at a later date.
We look forward to working with you and publishing your high-quality scholarship!